This time of year it is pumpkin, pumpkin, pumpkin! Carving pumpkins, glittering pumpkins, pumpkin bread, pumpkin cookies and of course the holy grail of all the Pumpkin Spice Latte. This season is bringing us pumpkins a plenty but it’s also bringing us cold weather which can make for some dry skin. That means extra pumpkin time and extra skin care time. How about combining both? The Pumpkin Spice Latte Scrub will keep you soft and smooth this season while also helping you use some of the extra parts of the pumpkin that a lot of people typically toss! Plus this recipe is as easy as pumpkin pie.
WHAT YOU’LL NEED:
Enough water to fill a pot
Pumpkin Seeds from your last pumpkin
½ cup Coffee Grounds
⅓ cup Pumpkin Seed Body Oil (Or any body oil of your choice: avocado, grape seed)
1 teaspoon Cinnamon
1 teaspoon Ginger
1 teaspoon Nutmeg
3-4 drops of Pumpkin essential oil (or any essential oil of your choice)
1) Preheat your oven to 300 degrees (f).
2) Scoop your raw seeds into a pot with water and boil for 15-30 min. Your goal is to get the stringy flesh disconnected from the seeds.
3) Drain your pumpkin seeds and allow them to fully dry.
4) Bake seeds for 15-20 mins until slightly crisps.
5) Let pumpkin seeds cool completely.
6) Process seeds in a coffee grinder.
7) Add pumpkin seeds in a mixing bowl along with coffee grounds.
8) Add your pumpkin body seed oil (you want a wet:dry ratio of 1:2)
9) Add more if needed for your desired consistency.
10) Now add your cinnamon, ginger and nutmeg along with your drops of pumpkin essential oil and mix.
11) Store your scrub in an airtight container and use within 1-2 months.
Now you can exfoliate away.
Make sure you follow this exfoliating scrub with your favorite PON Swiss Alps Linum Body Wash to help put the hydration back into your skin. This is perfect for a homemade scrub or as a Fall gift for friends and family.